Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Camel’s Milk



The pictures are of mama camel, the dessert herbs she eats, her being milked, and then pouring it into our glass bottle.



So in my search for my culture, I have been determined to look for camel’s milk, and finally have in Bahrain, fresh from the camel!!
I got a lot of grossed out people when I tell them this, and I am honestly so surprised, I thought there would be more cheering! It is amazing! It tastes better than cows milk, by the way!
I bought it to turn it into a yogurt- but guess what I figured out- its anti-bacterial quality slows down its fermentation process significantly -cultured food has a lot of bacteria (good bacteria)- so I decided to mix the fermentation I have with
Anyway, camels milk is alkaline (anti-aging), and has lots of amazing and healing qualities, like the following:

  • Ten times more iron than cow's milk
  • Three to five times more vitamin C than cow's milk
  • Rich in B vitamins
  • High in imunoglobins
  • High in protein
  • Minerals
  • Low in fat - 1.8-2% fat compared to 3.5-4% in cow's milk
  • Low in cholesterol
  • Anti-bacterial
  • Anti-viral
  • Anti-inflammatory
  • Six types of fatty acid including lanolin acid

The list is from wikipedia






4 comments:

  1. Reem! that desert herb is Gullaman, its quite tasty! i put it on my salad everyday... It grows everywhere in my garden :) try it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zain : ) thanks for sharing, it must be really hydrating... will try it : )

    thanks for giving me a name!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking for fresh camel's milk in the island for my son. Would you mind sharing where you purchased the milk? I haven't had any luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camilk farms are the home of healthy camels that enjoy the beautifully clean air and a really special diet of only the finest food. Get 100% natural camel milk now!
    Source: Camel Milk for cancer

    ReplyDelete